Friday, February 22, 2008

Silk Garden with Cables

This is the newest project. I had 5 balls of Silk Garden Lite(Noro), and decided to mix them with Superwash Double Knit in black (Emu). I got the Silk Garden from Ram Wool, and the Black DK from the LYS, Kismet Wool Shop in St. Catharines. The pattern is what you see, stocking stitch, with a cable at the junction of the colour change. Nice so far. The pattern will follow when I have finished the sweater.... Pullover with round neck I think, but I will wait to see what the yarn tells me to do! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous. I hope you post the finished product. I can't wait to see it.

chris said...

Thanks! It will be posted when I finish, eta about end of February, stay tuned.
Chris

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

wow. I had to read your description twice and look at the pic before I could wrap my head around what you did. Something so simple, yet so inspired. Gorgeous.

chris said...

I think it will be listed as a relatively easy pattern (if you can do a basic cable, this is very do-able). I have finished the back and most of the front, and have to decide how to pattern the sleeve... ETA about sunday for the posting!
Chris