Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another chilly sunday...

I am fed up of these cold weekends... Golf this morning was long pant, sweater and windbreaker to start, and I managed to remove the outer jacket, but regretted on some into-the-wind holes. Shot a nice 87, but whined about the cold all the way...


Still knitting the silk hoody and the Quilt wrap, but spent a bit of time oogling a new bit of electronic candy, newly available in Canada. It the Reader by Sony. An electronic book, that accepts downloads of eBooks. Facinating to me, as I love to read, but the paper pileup becomes a problem. I am not good with the library, never available during open hours, and never finish books on time, and never find the title I want- when I want it. eBooks seem the perfect solution for me. The sony site (canada) offers the digital book for delivery and also the ebook downloads and they seem to have all the titles I want.... I will be checking this further, but it has me excited so far. Have not found a downside.

You can also get 100 "classic" books for free when you register your digital book. That alone offsets the cost of the hardware, so makes it all the more intiguing. If only there were knitting books.... hmmm.

No comments: