Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rainy windy Saturday


Lousy day for golf or pretty much anything else... huge winds and damp cold air (shiver), so I got to the sewing machine and did a bit on a new skirt, then settled for some knitting and a new HBO on DVD. I picked up season one of Carnivale, not yet available in Canada on TV. I thought I would give it a try since I loved The Tudors, and Rome, and heard this one was cool too.
The first 2 episodes have hooked me. Really gritty, dirty and authentic setting from the depression days, you can almost smell the sweat and dust and cheap booze.

The new cardigan has the back finished and the right front to the armhole shaping.
Tomorrow may be a bit nicer (up to 12C) and not as windy, so I may get a chance to golf in the afternoon, then the next week is cold and rainy (or SNOW?!?).

No comments: