Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alpaca Cardigan... well underway.

I have had a few road trips this last week and the alpaca cardigan is a great car-knit. I like knits that are primarily stocking stitch (knit one row, purl the next) with many rows of non-shaping. This way I can knit and watch the scenery. I got the patterned edge done at home before the first car trip last tuesday, and finished about 5 inches of the body from home to Kitchener and back... then set it aside to work on the chunky blanket. Today it was a 2 hour ride to St. Thomas, and more of the cardigan completed. I am knitting it in one piece (front and back on a circular needle) so it takes longer to finish each row, but no need to do one back and two fronts, and no side seams! I will have to pause at the armhole to add the short sleeves onto the circ's and then raglan my way to the neckline!
The blanket is about 6 rows from complete, so I will be able to work more exclusively at the cardigan and be able to publish some photos soon!

No comments: