Friday, June 4, 2010

A Study of Yarn

I think this will be the next yarn to work with. It is a lovely natural colour hand spun alpaca that I found on my Lancaster, Pennsylvania trip last summer. A fine sport weight yarn. The problem is... it doesn't yet know what it wants to BE.
So I posed the precious around in various lightings and settings in the hope that it's true self would become apparent....

Windowsill.....

Stairway....


Nicknack shelving....

Flower arrangement... well that one is too hard to see the lovely hiding in the pretty flowers.
Oh well, no inspiration. Perhaps I should try to swatch it???

1 comment:

crazycrafter said...

Depending on how much yardage and what weight of yarn it is, that would make a pretty hat, scarf, hand warmer set, cowl, socks, shawlette . . . I don't know what else. Sure is pretty yarn!
Hannah