Friday, April 8, 2011

Knitted Royals

Not too much knitting photos to show you today, I am finishing a pair of socks, and I have been doing some hand spinning on a drop spindle. The hand spun is a lovely periwinkle blue merino and will end up on my next nuno-felting jacket. I have this idea that if I knit small squares from the hand spun then felt it into the surface of the jacket, I may just love the effect. This remains to be seen in a few more days! In the meantime, you all may get as much of a chuckle as I did, when I found this.... It is a new knitting book, just in time for the Royal Wedding! Love the Queen in the background and the little Corgies. Too funny!

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Well !

I never saw the likes of this !(spoken in my best British accent ) ;0)

chris said...

crackin' patterns... ever so clever!

PP said...

OMG - these are FABULOUS! Perhaps we should get said book and combine knitting efforts? WICKEDLY fun.