Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween... part 1


Last week, we decided to get tickets to Oh Canada, Eh... their performance of Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Not only is this SO much fun to watch (we are RHPC fans from WAY back)... but it also created a rush to make costumes!  Of course, if you know anything about Rocky Horror Picture Show, you MUST attend a performance WEARING a costume, as one of the characters!  So, after promising I would not dress my hubby in a corset, off I went in search of supplies.  The first issue was the wigs.  I had to find a huge red wig for me.. I would be Magenta.

 Then a stringy, half bald wig for Riff Raff hubby...
 After that it would take some great makeup...
 and some great clothes...
 So here is the photo of the Magenta dress and apron.
 I used a charming vintage pattern from 1964 that stated, "good for uniforms", and it fits perfectly.   It includes good pockets so that I won't have to carry a purse.
 Then to Value Village for a ratty black blazer, that I cut into a ratty tailed tuxedo jacket.... complete with a built in hump on the back....
And made a vest to wear under from some vintage suit fabric.  I will stain the vest with tea, to make it more authentic, and wrinkle it and fasten with safety pins.
 Here is a low lit photo of me in the huge wig.... I need more makeup!
I am hoping that the Frankenstorm forecasted for the east coast is past us by Wednesday.  It will be a gloomy wet Halloween by all accounts, but the spirit will carry us through, no doubt!

No comments: